Home Dog Boarding
The National Home Boarding Register is provided free of charge to anyone searching for an alternative to boarding kennels for their dog. Home dog boarding is often described as dog sitting, pet sitting, home kennels but is characterised by your dog living with a sitter / boarder, in their home, in an environment as near as possible to the one the dog is used to.
For most of the year our dogs are loved and pampered by us; they enjoy our company and we theirs. Then, when we go and enjoy ourselves on holiday, they are put in a strange environment, kennels, which can mean many hours of solitude. Do you really want this for your dog?
How much more would you enjoy your own holiday knowing your dog was being cared for by a loving family with all the creature comforts they were used to? Browse through this site to see how Home Dog Boarding may benefit you and your dog.
As dog owners are becoming more aware of this service it is becoming increasingly popular so please try and book your dog's home boarding holiday well in advance of your own holiday or trip away as places are always limited for this special type of care.
Over the last few years there has been an explosion of dog sitters, pet sitters and home boarders providing home dog boarding, as an alternative to kennels, so carefully choosing a home dog boarder or dog boarding company is an important decision.
Choosing a Home Dog Boarder
As with everything the quality and standard of services provided by the individuals and businesses listed on this site varies. The National Home Boarding Register does NOT check or vet any of the entries or listings on this site so you must make sure that you are happy to leave your dog(s) with any Dog Home Boarders prior to your holiday or time away.
Some questions you might like to ask :-
- Do the dogs live in the house and where?
- Are the boarders insured and what does it cover? Ask to see the certificate.
- Where will the dogs be staying and can I visit the boarder before my holiday?
- Are the Home Boarders licensed by the local Council? Ask to see their license.
The Benefits of Home Dog Boarding
Here are just some of the benefits of this service :-
- Your dog lives in a home environment
- Any feeding regime can me maintained
- You supply the food so there is less chance of any upset tummy that changes in food can often cause
- At least 2 good walks per day or as your instructions
- Company (your dog is never left alone for long periods but check with the boarder how long)
- Please contact your local provider to discuss any special needs your dog may have
Many of the companies and individuals who provide this service also provide other services including:-
- Boarding for small caged animals
- Dog walking
- Pet sitting (visiting your pets at home)
- Home sitting
- Pet food & products
If you have any comments about our site or have any suggestions on how we could improve it then please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org